Welcome to today’s Total Body Workout! This exercise routine requires No Equipment, and can be done anywhere. It’s low impact (no jumping) so it’s apartment and hotel room friendly. All you need is a little bit of space and the determination to get your workout done.
Remember, motivation only gets you so far. The determination to keep going is what gets you through and helps you create a healthy lifestyle.
As I mention in this workout video, I am in my first trimester or pregnancy. We are very excited to welcome another member into our family. Exercising at least 30-minutes per day at a moderate intensity is recommended throughout pregnancy by the American Pregnancy Association.
I filmed workouts throughout my first pregnancy, as well as teaching Boot Camp and Yoga group classes. I will continue to do the same (barring any complications that would prevent me from doing so). I am excited for Healthy and Fit Pregnancy #2.
You do not have to be pregnant to enjoy and benefit from this workout. Some quick rules to keep in mind if you are pregnant:
- Always check with your doctor. They know you and your pregnancy best. They are the ones you should take guidance from.
- Historically monitoring your heart rate during workouts was recommended. Newer evidence shows that there is no set heart rate to stay below, but you should notice Rate of Perceived Exertion. If the workout feels too hard it is. Listen to your body.
- Avoid extreme breathlessness. If you are working to the point where you can’t talk you are working too hard.
- During the first trimester it’s very important to keep your core temperature below 101 degrees. So workout in cool environments, and don’t push yourself to superhuman levels of intensity. If exercising outdoors in heat, keep the intensity lower. I’ve been doing a lot of walking instead of running, because temperatures are high. With my first pregnancy, I was able to run outdoors in my first trimester, because we had cool fall weather.
- During the first trimester there are no exercise restrictions. As always, if something hurts or feels uncomfortable, STOP.
- If you have any problems during a workout (pain, bleeding, something just doesn’t feel right, etc) stop immediately and call your doctor.
- Exercising during pregnancy does not increase the risk of miscarriage in a standard low risk pregnancy. If your doctor has deemed you high risk, discuss safe exercise options and recommendations.
I hope that you enjoy this workout! I went through it 2X and followed it up with a walk outside. Jesse did the second round with me, and found it to be a good full body challenge.
Have fun and thanks for working out with me!
PS You can find me on Social Media: @BenderFitness and on Facebook: @MelissaBenderFitness and Jesse is on Instagram: @BenderCrosby1
PPS If you want to help support BenderFitness so we can get a new camera & new equipment & make our site more sustainable your donation is greatly appreciated: https://www.patreon.com/BenderFitness.
16-Minute LIIT (Low Impact Interval Training) Full Body Workout: Fantastic Results!
- Toe Touch Pushups
- Lunge (Alternating)
- Angel Abs
- In/Out Squats
- Oblique Lower Leg Tap (Right)
- Oblique Lower Leg Tap (Left)
- Kneeling Kickback (Right)
- Kneeling Kickback (Left)
- Forward/Backward Lunge (Right)
- Forward/Backward Lunge (Left)
- Leg/Hip Lift
- Temple Tap Abs
- Leg Circles (Right)
- Leg Circles (Left)
- Prone Heel Press
- Seated Rotation
8 thoughts on “16-Minute LIIT (Low Impact Interval Training) Workout: Apartment Friendly and Effective: Fantastic Results!”
Im also in the first trimester of my very first pregnancy (8 weeks)! So excited I can follow my fav fitness blogger along throughout this journey!
Hi Bender’s Familly!
So happy to know that you are pregnent Melissa 🙂
This was a really nice training as always.
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.
Kiss from France
Again – congratulations on your pregnancy Melissa, I’m super happy for you, Jesse and Maverick 😀 When are you due?
I wanted a lighter workout today, and 2 rounds of this one was just perfect to build up a sweat. I used a dumbbell during the squats and lunges.
I’m 31-weeks pregnant with my 2nd child, my first (son) was born 15 months ago. I’m still doing all types of your workouts including the HIIT ones. Thank you for helping me staying fit, strong, energised and happy at all times <3
Love, Maria from Denmark
This was just what I needed today! And SUPER EXCITED to hear that you are expecting Baby Bender #2!!! YAY!!!!! Congrats to you all! <3
HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS MELISSA.HAPPY TO HEAR THE NEWS ..MUCH MUCH LOVE AND LIGHT..
Yay! Congratulations to all three of you! I’m smiling from ear to ear. I am a mother of 4 girls, (14, 12. 9, 7) and part of me really misses those exciting days when a whole new person is just on the horizon! So happy for you. (And since I’ve never commented before, thank you so much for what you do. Both my sister (4 kids 9, 7, 5 and 2) and I have used your site to get or stay fit and healthy despite all the changes to our bodies during pregnancy.)
Happy new baby Bender!!!! You are AMAZING. Best wishes to you all! xoxo
I’m a mother of three and have regained my strength through your videos, almost exclusively.
Im so blessed to have you as my fitness and health guide .
Thank you for all your time and energy. You are the best out there. Enjoy your pregnancy