Today’s workout is all about the lower body! Of course we are still doing core work, because I think a strong core (stomach, obliques, and back) is imperative to optimizing your health and strength, but as you go through the workout you will definitely feel the burn in your lower body. There are lots of dynamic power movements.
Since starting this blog I feel much stronger, and healthier. It is really a wonderful feeling to know that you are dedicating time to your health, and to creating a stronger future. I hope some of these workouts are doing the same for you.
Remember: “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” -Jim Rohn
Have a great night,
Beginner: 10 reps, 30 seconds timed
Intermediate: 15 reps, 45 seconds
Advanced: 20 reps, 60 seconds
Note: Do the first 5 exercises as quickly as you can, with a 10 second break in between. Your heart should be pumping the entire time to maximize your cardio burn. I did the first 5 as timed exercises using my interval timer, but you can also do them as reps.
- High Knees (timed)
- Lunge Jump (timed or reps)
- Side Squat Jump (timed or reps)
- Speed Skater (timed or reps)
- Scissor Jump Plie (timed or reps)
- Double Leg Extension (right)
- Double Leg Extension (left)
- Double Kick (alternating legs)
- Swaying Bridge/Pulse (5 pulses, 5 back and forth sways=1 rep or you can do this exercise for time)
- Temple Pose Pulse (Every 5 pulses=1 rep. I alternated 5 pulses flat feet/5 pulses on toes)
- Back Elbow Twist
- Elbow Twist Abs
- Frog in the Boat
- Oblique Plank Switch
- End with 5 minutes of cardio. You can repeat the first 5 exercises, or do 5 minutes of jump rope, running, or high knees.
2 thoughts on “Quick Kick in the Calories! Melissa Bender Fitness Workout”
Dynamo work out. 🙂
Thanks, Melissa! Nice workout, but 6,7 and 9 exercises was very slow and exhausting for me 🙂
My reps for the cardio parts at the beginning and end of workout:
An advanced version of the whole workout took me 37:37.