I tried a new recipe today. This was inspired by the recipe I posted on facebook but as usual I switched things up a bit. The result was delicious. I served these with some lemon baked salmon. Plus I have plenty left over, and they are delicious hot or cold.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. 🙂
Fresh Baby Spinach
Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade
Feta (I used tomato basil feta)
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
1. Pre-heat Oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Slice Eggplant and Zucchini lengthwise into strips.
3. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray. (I placed tinfoil on the cookie sheet first).
4. Place the vegetable strips on the sprayed cookie sheet. Lightly spray the tops of the vegetables with cooking spray.
5. Lightly season with salt and pepper. (I used freshly ground sea salt, and freshly ground pepper).
6. Bake 15 Minutes.
7. Carefully remove from cookie sheet. You can do this one at a time, or place on another tray to roll multiple slices at once.
8. Place desired amount of fresh spinach on each slice of zucchini or eggplant.
9. Spoon desired amount of roasted red pepper tapenade over spinach.
10. Lightly sprinkle with feta cheese. You can serve as is, or continue to the next step.
11. Roll each veggie slice, so that the spinach, tapenade, and feta are closed inside.
12. Secure with a toothpick.
You can serve this hot, or place it in the refrigerator to be served chilled. Enjoy!