Lemon Chicken Tortellini
Normally I use recipes as a guideline and end up changing a LOT. For this recipe I didn’t change much. It was just too darn good as it was! I love simple recipes that can be made in the crockpot. Especially having a newborn baby at home, this makes dinner simple!
Add to Crockpot and cook on Low 6-7 hours or High 3-4 Hours:
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used a mix of breast and boneless thighs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8-9 cups chicken stock-I used no Salt Added
*Feel Free to Add Extra Veggies! If you add something let me know what it was, and how you liked it!*
Add during the last 20-Minutes of cooking prior to serving:
- 12 oz. fresh spinach tortellini (You can use tortellini flavor of choice) Uncooked****
- 4-6 cups fresh spinach, loosely packed (I love spinach so I say more is better!)
- Squeeze one lemon or use 2 tablespoons lemon juice (plus more to taste)
Use as Garnish after soup is dished into Bowl:
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper (Optional-to taste)
- lemon zest (optional)
Place chicken in the bottom of crock pot. Drizzle with olive oil.
Add all ingredients except tortellini, spinach, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, pepper and lemon zest to crockpot. Cook on Low 6-7 hours, or High 3-4 hours.
20-Minutes before serving shred chicken (you can do this while it is in the pot, or by removing chicken from the pot & shredding on a plate). Add tortellini, spinach and lemon juice.
Serve & Garnish.
-Based of off the recipe found at: www.carlsbadcravings.com.
One thought on “Lemon Chicken Tortellini Soup”
Looks so yummy! Where do you suggest buying spinach tortellini?